Monday, January 19, 2009

Other thoughts for my "individual" contribution

Although I'm planning on sticking with the first topic I came up with as the one I'm offering the group, as I don't want to confuse the issue by throwing out multiple topics, I have had some other thoughts.

Briefly, one would be how such intercultural aspects as individualism v. collectivism (Hofstede, Trompenaars) and high v. low context societies (Hall) influence how groups build and handle social capital and trust.

Another idea is how learning departments can leverage online learning communities to support on-going learning/ training when travel and other budgets have been cut in these difficult economic times.

And lastly, one more is how we could use Second Life or similar resources for establishing and maintaining online learning communities.

1 comment: