Sunday, January 25, 2009

New midterm topic

Following up on my previous thoughts and my discussion board entry, I would like to change my individual / midterm topic to the influence of culture on online collaboration. I haven't thought through the details yet, but I think I would like to focus on the following areas:
  • cultural aspects that might and do affect how computer-based learning is perceived, e.g., individualistic v. collectivistic tendencies, high/low context, fast/slow message preferences, attitudes towards technology and distance learning,
  • being consciously inclusive, reaching out to learners from all cultures
  • and to what extent online learning communities form their own cultures.

I'm not sure I will be able to cover all of the above, but these are all areas that interest me.

2 comments:

  1. Shelley, I love your topic but think it would be too broad this short article requirement. How about if you focus on 'being consciously inclusive." Would make for a perfect midterm! ~ Datta Kaur

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - too broad - will have to work on narrowing it down.

    ReplyDelete