Sunday, February 1, 2009

Thoughts on Week 4: Moving forward

Ending Week 4, I have a much better feeling of clarity as far as what my midterm topic is and where we are headed as a group for the final paper. Yea!
As to my midterm topic, Datta Kaur said what I indicated I'd be addressing is too broad; I agree completely, and I realize what I have posted re my midterm topic on the discussion board probably still addresses too many aspects, but I will continue to narrow it down, while still keeping the same focus.
As for our group (the Inter-Networkers), we were all over the place in our communication, writing emails, using the class wiki (sidebar) and the group area with the result that we were often repeating ourselves across the different sites. Although I'd say that our group also skipped the "storming" stage as mentioned in the Johnson article (p. 385), I think we were getting a bit frustrated with lack of direction until I suggested we use a different (synchronous) tool to meet, AT&T Connect, which I have access to via my work. We were able to meet for a little over an hour, agreed on our guidelines and how to go forward, and generally found this 'side' medium to be a quick and positive way to get ourselves organized (and increase our own social capital).
I feel ready to move on...

No comments:

Post a Comment