Thursday, February 26, 2009

Group project

Our paper is taking shape, though it is not yet written in a single voice, and at this point, I'm not sure we can make it sound that way, but i have volunteered to try to pull it all together on Saturday. Initially, we 'dumped' our three parts into a Google doc, and I did put it all in a logical order, but right now you can definitely feel where one person stops, and the other takes off. Johanna did rewrite her part, so that's good and a step in the right direction.

Pulling it out of Google docs, an issue I noticed was that the formatting was then very funky and required some extra effort on my part, so I'd like to keep it in Word format now; however, Johanna expressed understandable concern that having different Word docs floating around could be problematic, but i think as long as we keep it all in the same place, it'll work out fine. But of course I am an optimist :)

Last week I was so busy I didn't feel as on top of things as I have in the past, but this week I'm getting an earlier start on reading and posting, so I'm feeling much better about that...enjoying the process.

1 comment:

  1. Shelley, putting all into one voice is a huge project. I hope that others will still get involved in the final editing - then it will truly be strong. ~ Datta Kaur

    ReplyDelete